Well...yet another sequel. Seems as if that's a given these days. If a movie does semi well, it's pretty much guaranteed that they WILL make a sequel, which, unfortunately, typically turns out to be leagues short of the original. Luckily for us, Disney Planes * Fire & Rescue isn't a typical sequel!! This one ROCKED!
I must admit, when we first heard about the sequel to Disney Planes, both Joyce and I were...skeptical. They actually announced it right away, during D23 if I'm not mistaken. I thought, wow, how about letting us figure out if Planes is any good before you go making a follow up. But, yep...I was pleasantly surprised. I think that Fire & Rescue is every bit as good as Planes, and to be honest, if this were the first movie put out, I feel it would have been equally as successful as the first. It's THAT good.
This outing starts after Dusty Crophopper (voiced by Dane Cook) has successfully defended his crown of air race champ. Seems Dusty has pushed himself a bit too hard and has to back it off a tad, or else.....well, we don't even want to THINK of that!! So, while trying to prove to himself that he's still got it, certain mishaps...well, happen that set up the Fire & Rescue storyline. Now, Dusty finds himself learning to be one of the elite fire and rescue members, and some pretty funny stuff crops up (yep, pun intended). In a plot that is similar to the original, Planes Fire & Rescue introduces us to a new set of characters that are just as endearing and heroic as the originals.
“PLANES: FIRE & RESCUE” is fueled by a star-studded voice cast that includes Dane Cook (“Planes”) as Dusty, Julie Bowen (“Modern Family”) as Dipper, Ed Harris (“Gravity” and "Apollo 13") as Blade Ranger, Captain Dale Dye (“Saving Private Ryan”) as Cabbie, Cedric the Entertainer (“Ice Age”) as Leadbottom, Erik Estrada (“CHiPs”) as Nick “Loopin” Lopez, Brad Garrett (“Everybody Loves Raymond”) as Chug, Teri Hatcher (“Desperate Housewives”) as Dottie, John Michael Higgins (“Pitch Perfect”) as Cad, Hal Holbrook (“Into the Wild”) as Mayday, Stacy Keach (“Planes”) as Skipper, Regina King (“Ray”) as Dynamite, Anne Meara (“Night at the Museum) as Winnie, Jerry Stiller (“The King of Queens”) as Harvey and Wes Studi (“Avatar”) as Windlifter.
|Disney's Shout-Out to CHiPs!!|
And what Disney movie on Blu Ray/DVD would be complete without a plethora of bonus features?
Blu-Ray Combo Pack, Digital HD/SD & Disney Movies Anywhere:
- Exclusive Animated Short - "Vitaminamulch: Air Spectacular"
- "Welcome to Piston Peak!" - This mock-umentary promotional piece shows off all the highlights of the acclaimed Piston Peak National Park and it's aerial firefighting team
- "CHoPs" TV Promo - An in-world TV promo (you've got to see the movie to understand this. It's AWESOME)
- Air Attack: Firefighters From The Sky - This high-energy, music-driven behind-the-scenes piece takes an inside look at the real smoke jumpers and firefighters who attack wildfires from the air as Director Roberts Gannaway and Producer Ferrell Barron take us through their journey in making the film
- Spencer Lee Music Video - Still I Fly
- Deleted Scenes
- Animated Shorts -
- On the DVD:
- Spencer Lee Music Video Still I Fly
- Exclusive DMA Discover Content
- Animated Shorts:
- Blade Ranger
- Piston Peak
|Planes-Fire & Rescue|