by Al Kessel
THEY'RE BACK!!! Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex and the gang are back and boy are they having an adventure!!
This time around, Woody, Buzz, Rex and Trixie meet a brand new group of toys who don't know they're toys!! They actually think they're...REAL!
The set up is this: Little Bonnie (remember, our gang now belongs to Bonnie?) has a play date with a friend who has...well, LOTS of toys, including a really cool game console, which takes Bonnie's attention away from our band of heroes.
And of course, once left alone, our heroes encounter the afore mentioned band of new toys, a group of dinosaur like creatures that believe their 'kingdom' is real. And of course, since the newbies don't know they're actually toys, they think Woody and the gang are there to invade and conquer their realm, and the Wood man, Buzz and Rex are soon captured and sentenced to...(well, this IS a family friendly blog, to I won't go any further than that), leaving Trixie the job of saving the day!!
Of course, as always, there is a LOT more to Toy Story That Time Forgot than this, but you know, no spoilers here. We want YOU to experience the movie on your own without knowing what happened. Though, by now, odds are you may have already seen this. It's actually been out since 2014, but only recently released on Blu-Ray!
As with all Disney*Pixar movies, Toy Story That Time Forgot is very well done. The story is cute, the writing is classic and the acting is top notch. All the original voice cast is back: Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz, Wallace Shawn as Rex, Joan Cusack as Jessie, Kristen Schaal as Trixie, Timothy Dalton as Mr. Pricklepants and of course, Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head. Also joining the cast for this adventure is the awesome Scottish actor Kevin McKidd as Reptillus Maximus - one of the new toys!
All in all, Toy Story That Time Forgot is definitely a great addition to your collection. While not as great as any of the theatrically released Toy Story movies, it's sure to be classic. Running time is about 22 minutes.
Bonus Features on the Blu-Ray, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere include:
- Reptillus! - In this behind-the-scenes look at “Toy Story That Time Forgot,” the filmmakers share a peek at the origins of the Battlesaurs world and culture, and explain the character design and development of its greatest hero, Reptillus Maximus.
- Commentary with “Toy Story that Time Forgot” director, Steve Purcell, and head of story, Derek Thompson, on the process of making “Toy Story That Time Forgot.”
- My Unexpected Friend - Feel the power - and sing along - as Reptillus Maximus expresses the depth of his feelings for Trixie in this 80's-inspired karaoke video for his soulful ballad, "My Unexpected Friend."
- Battlesaurs Animated Opening - A 2D animated opening for the fictional animated TV series, "Battlesaurs."
- Deleted Scenes with Intros & Outros – “Toy Story That Time Forgot” director, Steve Purcell, introduces scenes that were developed and storyboarded for the special, but were ultimately cut from the final version:
- Battlesaurs Christmas
- Light of Play
- Prisoners of Bone
- Trixie’s Proposal
- Toy Story Goes to Comic-Con - The “Toy Story that Time Forgot” team heads to San Diego to unveil the project to the public, led by their own longtime Comic-Con veterans, director Steve Purcell and head of story Derek Thompson.