Monday, July 4, 2011

The Chronicles of Duffy - Independence Day

Today I ventured out with my family to celebrate Independence Day. It was a hot day but we had a great time.

The park was not as crowded as we expected but it was 109 degrees and on Saturday, we set record high temperature of 118 degrees.

Mom took Katie and I for a walk around the park and we observed people fishing, feeding the ducks, picnicking and having quality family time.  Then we went back to our shaded area and relaxed with Dad. He is still recovering from a recent surgery so he did not join us on our walk.

In our community, the firework festivities were on Saturday and we did not watch them this year because it was too hot.  I am looking forward to going to Disneyland in August where I will get to see the best fireworks in the world.  We are getting ready to watch the Macy’s fireworks on TV.

Since it has been several months since I last blogged, I will catch you up on some of my adventures.  Katie, Val and I have been staying indoor just hanging out but on the weekend we get to run errands with Mom and Dad.  For Father’s Day, we bought Dad a new grill and we have been having lots of BBQs.  You should watch our youtube video of the first rotisserie chicken, Dad made.  It was yummy but very crispy on the outside.

Don’t forget to visit our new webpage for Tales from the Mouse House Disneyland podcast: www.talescast.com.  I will blog more after D23 Expo in August. Hope to see you there!



Make it a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Make It A Mickey Day, and check out the podcast at www.talescast.com!!